Pauline Thomason once said "Love is blind, but marriage is an eye-opener". But, even the pre-marriage phase also can open your eyes to so many things. And if you are as general-knowledge-deficient as me, every moment is a new discovery. If you have a sense of humor, each discovery can be complete fun. *** Just before the saree shopping, mom asked about my fiancee - " AvLu work sarees wear maadthaLa? " I understood it as "work 'ge' sarees" and told - "No mom, she generally wears jeans or salwars to work" Mom was least surprised by the all too familiar stupidity of her son and said - "Work sarees do not mean the sarees which you wear to work. It means sarees that involve lot of handiwork like embroidery, mirror work etc." *** Shopping for sarees will introduce you to so many new things - crape silk, tusser silk, raw silk, butta, mango border, peacock border, temple border...
Comments
-Diya
Could not help writing this one!
@Anonymous
First of all, I was not joking or "mocking", to use your words, about the Delhi blasts when I wrote the post "Conversations". I was very angry and it was a (may be a pathetic) attempt at satire. I could not see any sarcasm or satire in the way the SMS was written, it was more like the college guys kinda immature humor like "dude, drive carefully, tomorrow is sunday, and if the bus hits you by any chance we would miss the holiday!" [which we also used to say in college, but now I find it immature] I dont claim that I am never hypocritical, but in this case I was not (If I was, I would not have written this post)