Howz it goin'?

The most frequently used sentence I have heard here is "Hey, howz it goin'?". The first day after I arrived here, I had gone in a taxi. The taxi driver had asked - "Hey howz it goin'?" For a moment, I had not realized what that "it" was - is it his taxi or my life? I dont know why the people here dont use relatively shorter phrases like "How are you?" or "How do you do?". Even strangers whom I meet on the road(though very rarely!) greet me with a "Hey, howz it goin'?". Yesterday it was heights. I met a person at the restroom, who asked me - "Hey, howz it goin'?". With so much difficulty, I controlled my laughter and said - "Fine"!

2 Comments:

  1. micromysore said...
    hilarious
    Anonymous said...
    Different cultures at different geographical locations, man.

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds